New Xbox Insider System Update Adds Quick Resume Fix and More
Microsoft has released a new system update that fixes a bug with its quick recovery feature.
Members of the Insider program who are part of the Alpha Skip-Ahead Ring will receive the update first, which fixes an issue where some Quick Resume titles display a black screen when players try to pick them up and then restart the game.
The fix also includes a number of other updates designed to “correctly reflect local languages on the console,” according to Microsoft.
Since Insider versions of updates are considered unstable and not ready for full deployment for all Xbox owners, they can sometimes cause other issues. The latest patch notes resolve some of them and offer potential workarounds.
The June Xbox Public System Update recently added group chat support for speech-to-text and speech-to-text, to help gamers who are deaf or have hearing difficulties and / or who cannot or choose not to speak.
Meanwhile, the May 2021 Xbox system update brought improvements to Quick Resume, including greater reliability and faster load times, streaming audio for multimedia applications, and the ability to approve issues. multiplayer games for children by specific title.
Xbox Insider version. Release Notes 2108.210708-2200
Thanks to the hard work of the Xbox engineers, we are happy to announce that the following fixes have been implemented for this release:
- Fixed an issue where some Quick Resume titles would display a black screen when resuming, then reload from the beginning.
- Various updates to correctly reflect local languages on the console. Note: Users participating in Preview may see “odd” text on the console. For more information, see here.
We understand that some issues were listed in previous Xbox Insider patch notes. These things are not ignored, but it will take longer for Xbox engineers to find a solution.
We are still tracking these known issues:
- Some users report that the applications do not launch and receive an “Updating” message or see the error code 0x80073D0F.
Workaround: Uninstalling and reinstalling the app should resolve the issue.
- We have received reports that video playback stops while audio continues when watching streaming content in the Disney + app.
Workaround: Try to pause / restart playback. If the behavior persists, try restarting the console and trying to play the content.
- Some users have reported that they cannot hear any sound with Dolby Atmos enabled.
Dolby Vision for gaming
- Some TVs do not currently support Dolby Vision at 120Hz and will fall back to 60Hz or HDR. We are working closely with TV manufacturers to update firmware support for Dolby Vision capabilities. Go to Settings> General> TV & Display Options> 4K TV Details and search for “Your TV setup supports Dolby Vision”.
- Users may notice that some titles such as Mass Effect: Legendary Edition may stop supporting Dolby Vision for Gaming after initial release. This is expected when the feature is previewed.
- Some users have reported that Dolby Vision for games does not work as expected.
To note: If you have a problem, be sure to check the following:
• Make sure the TV has the latest firmware
• Use the HDMI cable that came with the Xbox console
• Connect the TV directly to the Xbox and try to see if the problem persists (ie remove all AVRs, soundbars, HDMI boxes, etc.)
- Console browser links will not work if a user chooses the “new” browser version when prompted.
Workaround: Make sure you choose the “previous” version of Edge to make sure the page opens.
- Pins related to the new Edge browser will not work if you decide to remove your console from the Xbox System Update preview or replace your console with the Omega Ring.
Workaround: Pins must be removed and re-added.
- Some users reported that some streaming content does not play audio in the new browser.
Workaround: Close the app completely via the context menu, then reopen the app and try playing again.
- We have received reports that the controller input is not working when a game is launched.
Workaround: Restart the console and relaunch the game.
- We are investigating reports that the audio mixer is unable to adjust chat / game audio levels.
- We have received reports that HDMI-CEC is not working properly.
To note: Make sure your TV supports HDMI-CEC and is also turned on before leaving feedback.
- Some users reported that the icon of a title on disc was not appearing on the dashboard.
My games and apps
- Titles in the collection may appear incorrectly with an “essay” tag.
- There are several sections of the dashboard that Narrator doesn’t currently read. We are aware of the problem and are investigating.